Friday 6 February 2015

New regular feature - Friday's Lip of The Day!



As the name of this blog might have given away, lip products are my thing. I have more lip products than anything else in my makeup collection, and still keep buying more! So instead of the typical "Face of the Day" posts, I thought I would make use of my lip product collection, and do a "Lip of the Day" instead! I chose Friday's because the company I work for has Casual Fridays, and...well, because TGIF! So here is my very first Lip of the Day! 


I was feeling adventurous this morning, plus I was running late (as usual). My go to look when I am short on time is a bold lip - blending the perfect smoky eye just takes too long - and so I reached for this. It's from the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte lipstick collection, and it's number 110. It's a great formula, not too drying, and the colour is awesome - a bright orange red which really pops, and I have heard is close in colour to Mac's Lady Danger. 

Wear time is pretty good for the £5.49 price tag! I get about 3-4 hours of no-fade wear, and it doesn't fade horrendously when you eat. It reapplies lovely too, so it's easy to top up throughout the day. It's a bright red, but being matte helps to tone it down for day wear. 

I paired this was a low key face, to keep attention on the lips, and stop it looking too "done" - I just wore some concealer where needed, a bit of bronzer, natural brows, and a volumising mascara. Job done!





So, what do you think? Please let me know in the comments below if you want me to keep doing these L.O.T.D. ! I'm hoping it will make me even more adventurous when it comes to lip colours, and if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...