Friday 27 February 2015

Friday's Lip Of The Day!


So, I have been crushing on the absolutely gorgeous effortless chic, grunge-glam smokey eye from the Burberry show. Today I thought I would try and recreate that look! So I went for a nude-pink lip to compliment the darker eyes. This is my go-to lipstick for that "my lips but better" shade. This is the perfect shade for me! It gives a hint of colour, but still looks really natural.

This is the L'Oreal Color Riche lipstick, from the Collection Privee Exclusive Nudes collection. This is Eva's Nude, "Barely Golden" and I picked this up in Boots for £6.99. When I first picked this up, I thought it would be way too dark for me, but I swatched it and tried it on my lips and it was love! I am highly tempted to repurchase a back up of this so that I never run out, I like it that much. 

The colour is a fairly dusky, warm peachy/browny pink, with a hint of shimmer. The finish is, again, very natural. A slight sheen, but no gloss. It is moisturising, you can apply without a lipliner, and it actually has great staying power too. And let's talk about the packaging. The embossed L'Oreal makes it feel more high end than it is! A matt black rubberised casing with gold accents, and a squared off design with a satisfying click upon closing. Perfect. 

Take a closer look below.





So, there you have it! My Lip Of The Day for this week. Have you tried this colour? What are your thoughts?



Oh, by the way, let me know in the comments below if you would like me to do a more in depth look at how I recreated the Burberry look - without any Burberry products! I want to blog about stuff you guys are interested in, not just what I like!



Have a fabulous weekend - may the gloss be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...