Wednesday 25 March 2015

Nip + Fab Viper Venom Skin Fixes


As you may have seen lately on Instagram or elsewhere on the internet, Kylie Jenner has recently been announced as Nip + Fab's new ambassador, which undoubtedly (as happens with any of the Kardashian/Jenner clan!) will bring a huge amount of attention to a brand which, until now, seems to have been a little bit under the radar. I have been using a couple of items from their Viper Venom range since Christmas, and thought this was a great time to post a review, as there may now be more of you out there who are interested in these products and what they can do.

Nip + Fab was established by the founder of the luxury skincare brand Rodial, and represents a lower priced skincare line than it's high-end cousin (their products fall into the £5-£20 price bracket), but one which is still premium, and which doesn't compromise on quality ingredients. Nip + Fab products are supposed to be "accessible, affordable and effective" (according to the Nip + Fab website). 

As I mentioned in my favourite cleansers post, recently I have been stepping up my skincare game. After a bit of research (ok, mainly reading Caroline Hirons' blog!) and turning 25 (eek) I realised it was time to incorporate some anti ageing ingredients into my routine. So, after reading good things about Nip + Fab, and catching these on a half price offer in Tesco - I snapped them up!

As dramatic as the name sounds, these products don't contain any actual Viper Venom! Just an ingredient inspired by it - Syn-ake (I see what you did there, Nip + Fab!) which is supposed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and retexture the skin. 


Nip + Fab Viper Venom Extreme Night Fix, £19.95

Nip + Fab Viper Venom Extreme Night Fix, £19.95

The Extreme Night Fix contains Retinol, a great ingredient in the fight against skin ageing, which also resurfaces the skin to reveal newer, smoother skin cells beneath. Really the selling point for me was the Hyaluronic Acid in here too, which is a star ingredient when it comes to keeping skin moisturised, as I explained in my Hydraluron Moisture Jelly review. This is a gel like texture more than a cream, which is really cooling and soothing to apply, and sinks in nicely and leaves no residue behind. Don't let it fool you though - despite the light feeling, it is really hydrating. It smells amazing, very fresh and almost citrus like, but for those who aren't a fan of scented skincare, the smell doesn't last long after you have applied. I have to say, I really feel like this does something, which is not always the case with skincare that can take a while to notice a difference - every time I use this, I wake up with ultra soft, smooth skin, and can definitely tell it has gone to work. This has become a staple in my evening routine - I use it probably every other day - and I can already say I will be repurchasing.

Nip + Fab Viper Venom Eye Fix, £14.95

Nip + Fab Viper Venom Eye Fix, £14.95

The Eye Fix contains Red Algae Extract, which is supposed to help brighten the look of dark circles, and an ingredient called Liftonin which provides a tightening effect, both of these along with the same Syn-ake ingredient present in the Night Fix. This comes in a rollerball applicator, which makes applying this super easy and gentle on the skin. I feel like it instantly gets to work on puffiness, and I can notice the "tightening" but it is not uncomfortable by any means - my under eye area just feels super cooled and refreshed. I also find that it immediately reduces the look of the fine lines I have under my eyes - they appear smoother and less noticeable, and the area looks more hydrated. I have to say that I haven't noticed a reduction in my dark circles during use - although they aren't bad to begin with so this wasn't my main concern, it would have been nice to notice a little brightening effect. Also, I only use this in the morning, as I prefer to use a richer eye cream at night, but I have really being enjoying using it, and can also see myself repurchasing this when I run out.

So, all in all, I really enjoy this range! I think it is very well priced, especially as there are some great offers to be had in places like Boots and Tesco, when you can pick these up for £10 or less. There is another product from this particular range I have yet to try, which is the Viper Venom Wrinkle Fix serum, and after my good experience with these two products from the range, I would definitely be inclined to pick this up and see what I think. 
The range of Nip + Fab products, including these two, are available at Boots, Tesco, Superdrug and on the Nip + Fab website.

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts? Let me know below!

2 comments:

  1. It’s such a great post! Awesome! I like your style of writing and your photos!
    I know how much time it requires to keep updating your blog, but don’t stop doing it!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! <3 It is hard to find the time, as you say, but thank you so much for the encouragement :) Just when I needed it, too! I have followed you on Bloglovin, your blog is so beautiful! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...