Friday 20 March 2015

Friday's Lip Of The Day!


Today I tried something a bit different - I usually hate glosses, and I'm not usually a fan of pinks like this on the lips, but I thought I would give this one a go - the Rimmel Apocolips in Celestial.

When it comes to pink, I'm usually a "Go bright or go home" kind of girl, so this was a bit of a switch up, being on the prettier side, and I usually prefer mattes to glosses (I hate that my hair sticks in glosses!) so this really is the opposite of what I would usually reach for.

I have a couple of Apocolips already, a bright red and a peach colour, so I already know that I like the texture - these are not sticky AT ALL, but feel like butter on your lips, they are so creamy. Also the colour is really REALLY opaque - literally just one swipe and you're good to go. They feel moisturising and don't settle into any lines on the lips.

I like the doe foot applicators on these too - they have a little well in the top which holds just the right amount of product, and you never get an messy excess.

The wear time was pretty good - it did come off when I ate my lunch at work but until then it was hanging around pretty well! 

They are widely available online and on the high street, priced around £6, and their shade range is really nice. They have just come out with some mattes which I am DYING to try.

So, overall, this has turned out to be a surprise like for me! I really like this colour and think it's perfect for a daytime look when you want to look a little bit polished, but not "in your face".





Have you tried any of the Apocolips range? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments!



2 comments:

  1. I was not the biggest fan of this! I felt like it came off really easily and the smell freaked me out a bit. The colour range was fab though and I had NO idea that they were bringing out a matte range until I read this post :) I am so keen to try those.
    PS: I tagged you for the Sisterhood Of The World TAG!
    http://makeitraynex.com/2015/03/sisterhood-of-the-world-blogger-award-tag/

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. They aren't the longest lasting, but I think glosses never are! Oh yeah I forgot to mention the smell, as I am not usually one to bother about smells! It is a bit weird isn't it? The matte range looks fab - there is an awesome orange in there which I can't wait to try! Thanks so much for the tag! I will get on it :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...