Friday 27 March 2015

Friday's Lip Of The Day


Today was a bit of a grey day, so I thought it could do with some brightening up! Step up, YSL Rouge Volupte in Number 10, Provocative Pink. A bright pink and a touch of luxury - the perfect antidote to a rainy Friday!

These lipsticks are one of, if not THE most, beautiful items of makeup I own! I mean, just LOOK at that packaging. The casing is metal and fairly heavy, and the colour of the lipstick runs in the band in the centre, behind the beautiful YSL logo. At £26 a pop, they aren't exactly the cheapest, but I have to say, they are worth it. I usually have my mini collection of these out on my dressing table, because they are just that pretty.

Super pigmented, these are fully opaque in one swipe. And when I say they are moisturising, I mean it literally feels like you are putting butter on your lips - so soft, and super silky, these feel like lip balms rather than lipsticks. I would recommend lining the lips first before you apply - these are round in shape, and are so soft in texture that it can be hard to get a sharp line straight from the bullet.

I couldn't resist Provocative Pink - a bright, fuschia pink that instantly brightens the face, and really lifts my skintone. At the moment this colour is sold out on the Debenhams website, doesn't appear on the Boots website, and also doesn't appear on the YSL website, so I'm not sure if this colour has been discontinued! I purchased mine about a year ago from in store.

The lasting power on these, if you aren't eating or drinking, is a fair few hours - at least 3 or 4 - but they will come off when you eat, unless you can suck your meals through a straw! However, I feel so fancy reapplying this in public I kind of don't mind!







Do you have any YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks? What are your thoughts, too expensive or worth the splurge? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...