Wednesday 1 April 2015

Sisterhood of the World Tag


So, this is a new one for me! I have never done a "tag" post before, but I thought it would be fun to do as a sort of "get to know me" post, where I can give you a little insight into...well, me! Also, the blogging community is a great one to be part of, and it's always good to share the love, and communicate with each other! I was tagged by the lovely Rayne from makeitraynex.com so thank you for that!




The tag is to answer 10 questions given to you by the person who tagged you, and then to pose 10 new questions and tag some other bloggers who you would like to pass the tag on to.

So, without any further ado, let's get to it...

1. Would you rather shop at MAC or Sephora?
Well I know that Sephora is a wonderful and mystical place full of makeup awesomeness - however, I don't think we even have one in the UK currently, so it would have to be MAC for me! Unless somebody wants to fly me back and forth between the USA and home, and then I have absolutely zero objections to shopping in Sephora :)

2. Three make-up items that you use EVERY DAY?
Well this is easy - Mascara, Eyebrow pencil/Eyebrow gel, and lip balm. Really I can forego all other makeup as long as I have some mascara on! I think I look so young and tired if I don't wear it, it would definitely be my desert island pick!

3. Who is your ultimate beauty idol?
Woah that is a toughie. There are so many people out there who I think are beautiful, and in so many different ways! There are people who are just so naturally beautiful it hurts, like Natalie Portman (who even managed to look gorgeous with a shaved head!), Audrey Hepburn (needs no explanation); then there are those whose beauty style I admire, like Gwen Stefani and Kendall Jenner, or whose look is ultra glam, like Marilyn Monroe; and those who I think are beautiful for being intelligent and hilarious as well as gorgeous, like Sandra Bullock, Emma Watson, and Jennifer Lawrence. Oh and then about a million bloggers/YouTubers. GAH, DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE! >.<

4. What song is currently your favourite?
This is also tough! Music is actually a big part of my life - I play piano and guitar, and have always listened to music constantly, no matter what I'm doing. I have a very wide taste in music, and what I like to listen to depends on my mood, what I'm doing, and what phase I'm going through! I guess generally right now I am having a bit of a country/folk moment, and I adore The Civil Wars, so my favourite song is probably Barton Hollow. But it will undoubtedly be different next week (last week it was Shoot To Thrill by AC/DC!)

5. Where do you hope to see your blog in exactly a year from now?
I don't really have any lofty ambitions for my blog, apart from wanting people to continue to read and enjoy it! I would like to see a few more people commenting on my posts, so that I can talk to more people, and generally just get a bit more involved in the blogging world, that would be nice!

6. Celeb crush?
Seriously too many to mention. The list just goes on, I'm not normal. As with music I seem to go through phases, but there are a couple of constants in there that are always hovering around the top of my list. Right now Keanu Reeves is taking his turn. And Jensen Ackles. And Chris Pine. And Adam Levine. You get the idea...

7. What was the inspiration behind your blog name? (I stole this one from Daisy but I am so interested in these answers)
Well recently I had to change my blog name from my original one! So the inspiration for this one was mainly because I am a lip product junkie; I seriously own waaayyy too many lip products, so I knew it would have to be something along those lines. And then the rebel came from me being a bit of a tomboy, and mischievous, so I hope it reflects a little bit of me!

8. Describe your perfect Sunday.
A hot, sunny day at the beach with my boyfriend, my dogs and my friends, and a big fat barbeque would be pretty damn special. 

9. Would you rather eat sushi or pizza for the rest of your life?
Pizza. Always pizza. I literally cannot get enough of pizza, I have a problem. I need to go to Pizza Anonymous...*Homer Simpson drooling* mmmmm pizza...

10. Favourite make-up item EVER? Be it low or high end.
Well for someone who loves makeup that's quite a question! I have a lot of favourite items, from items that I use everyday to ones which I coveted for ages before I actually bought. However, I think that my absolute favourite item has to be my YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks. For me, these are a real luxury (I'm sure they are for most people, at £26 a tube!) and I only get them on occasions like birthdays/Christmas, so they feel ultra special to me. The packaging is absolutely glorious, the lipsticks themselves feel super gorgeous to apply, and the colours are incredible. I keep them all out on my dresser, and whenever I use one, I just feel a tiny bit special and glam.

These were really good questions! I struggled to think up 10 more, but just about managed! The lovely people I would like to tag are:

Alicia from The Blonde Hustle
Karen from Style Sunrise
Samantha from Halcyon Velvet  (who has just hit her 1 year blogiversary, so Happy Birthday Halcyon Velvet!)
Kal from Cluttered Closet

Don't feel obliged to write a post by all means! You could just comment below with a few answers, but I just thought it's a fun way to get to know each other a little better! My questions are...

1. What was your very first makeup purchase?
2. What is your favourite film?
3. Do you have any pets?
4. If you could only buy makeup from one brand for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5. Do you prefer dramatic eyes or a bold lip colour?
6. What hobbies do you have?
7. Are you a dog or a cat person?
8. Heels or Flats?
9. Would you prefer a beach holiday or a city break?
10. What is one item of makeup you couldn't live without?



Hope you enjoyed that post, a little different from my usual offerings! Thanks again to Rayne for tagging me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...