Tuesday 16 June 2015

Oh my Gosh! Velvet Touch Lipsticks


Until pretty recently, GOSH was a brand that somehow I had managed never to try. I have no idea why really - I had seen it in Superdrug many a time, but always for some reason passed it over. Well, GOSH, I will overlook you no more!
A few months ago, I was looking for an orange lipstick, and the usual offerings in Boots and Superdrug were letting me down. My "local" Mac counter is about an hour and a half away (the struggle is REAL) and so I didn't want to shell out £16 for such a daring shade like Morange, which might look awful on me, without trying it out first. That was when GOSH caught my eye - I spied a bright orange lipstick peeking out from the racks, and swatched it on my hand. And oh my GOSH (pardon the pun) it was love! A bright, true orange, which felt moisturising and creamy. I had to get it. And whilst I was there I had a look around the other offerings. I swatched so many gorgeous lip shades, lip liners, primers, bronzers my arms were covered....it was really tough to narrow it down to just these four items.






162 Nude is a really pretty peachy pink colour, perfect for a soft daytime or evening look. 


159 Boheme is a gorgeous pink/purple berry colour, which is perfect for Autumn/Winter but is also bright enough to rock in Summer too. Love this!



153 Flirty Orange here paired with the matching Velvet Touch Lipliner is an amazingly pigmented warm orange - not for the faint hearted, this is a bright shade! But still wearable as it's not neon, and the warmth can make it appear a little red in some lights. A really great shade for Summer, I will definitely be packing this in my suitcase for my holiday! 

The lipliner is also super creamy and applied like a dream - no scratching or tugging at the lips, this applied really smoothly and is very pigmented - one pass is all you need to get opaque orange. You could also wear the lipliner on it's own, as the formula isn't too drying.



So there you have it. A definite hit for me! The Velvet Touch lipsticks and lipliners are available from Superdrug in store and online. The lipsticks are priced at £6.99 and the lipliners at £4.99 - plus you can often get them on 3 for 2 offers, making them an absolute bargain. The lasting power isn't too bad either, considering both the price point and the moisturising feel. 

Also, can we just talk about the packaging of these lipsticks for a sec? How incredible do they look?! The matte black case is super classy, there is a satisfying 'click' when you close them, and the GOSH embossed on the lipstick bullet has a high end feel to it. I really don't think I can fault these lipsticks!

Have you tried any Gosh Lipsticks? Do you have any other recommendations for me to try, whether lipsticks or other products?
Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Loving these lipsticks too. I also just published a recent post on two new additions i just purchased. I loving the Flirty Orange too. Its gorge.

    Lovely post xx

    www.yasbeyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post girl :) I've just set up my blog again so pop over and have a look :) lifedailyposts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...