Friday 6 March 2015

Friday's Lip Of The Day


For this week's Lip Of The Day, I was inspired by this gorgeous sunny day that has appeared out of nowhere! It feels like Spring is just around the corner, so I picked out this appropriately colourful peach toned coral lipstick from Mac. This was a recent find - one of my friends was having a make-up collection clearout, and I snapped this up! 


This is called In A Heartbeat, and is a Cremesheen finish.- my favourite finish in Mac lipsticks. It was part of the Divine Desire Quite Coral limited edition set, and so is no longer available, however I think Sweet and Sour (also Mac) is very similar, just a smidge paler. I also think the GOSH lipstick in Mandarina, which was my Lip Of The Day here, is extremely similar.

The packaging is slightly different to the usual - it's just plain glossy black, which I actually prefer over the normal Mac lipstick packaging. It feels as quality as you expect from Mac, and has a satisfying click upon closure!

It is opaque in one swipe, and the lasting power is actually pretty good. I really love the colour. Initially I didn't think it would suit me at all, as it looks a little bright and salmon-toned in the bullet. But it applies as a beautiful warm light coral, which really brightens up my face and lifts my skintone. I instantly feel I look more awake and brighter when I put this on; it's hard to explain, but it just gives my skin a bit of oomph!









So, there is this Friday's Lip Of The Day! I am enjoying doing these posts - they are really encouraging me to reach for lipsticks which I haven't used in a while, and is stopping me from getting into a lipstick rut. It's a win win! 

Let me know what you think of this week's choice.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! :) A bit gutted that this was limited edition! But thankfully I do think the Gosh lipstick I posted about was a pretty close match.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...