Wednesday 25 February 2015

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara


Like most people in the beauty world it seems, I picked up the February issue of Elle which came with an exclusive sample of Benefit's new Roller Lash mascara, before it went on general sale. As someone who doesn't have a large budget to potentially waste on a product I may not like, picking up samples is a great way to Try Before You Buy! 

As sample sizes go, I think this is really generous! I have been using this almost every day since I got it at the beginning of the month, and it shows no signs of slowing down yet. The packaging is slightly different from the full size mascara, which you can see on the cute Roller Lash card you get with the magazine. The packaging of Benefit products is always a winner - just the right combination of cute and quirky, with loads of retro charm - and the full size packaging looks to be no exception - it is supposed to emulate the look of hair rollers, in theme with the ultra curling intentions of this mascara.

As you can see, the wand is curved, and has thin, comb like bristles which allow you to really get in between each lash, and coat every one. The "Hook and Roll" style of the bristles means that they really grab on to your lashes, and coat them from base to tip. I really like this wand, I feel like I can really get in there with it, and separate my lashes out!






Brace yourselves - close ups are coming! 

Here are some photos of my natural lashes - as you can see they are pretty rubbish! Very straight and not very long. And then with just 1 coat of Roller Lash, you can see the difference immediately. I have to say that NO lash curling was done before hand; I just applied the mascara directly to my lashes 'au naturel'. As you can see, this really does curl the lashes amazingly well! It also adds a lot of length and a bit of volume. I think this is a really great mascara. With 2 coats, this gives even more length and volume, but be careful not to overdo it as it can go clumpy if you apply too much. 



So, this is a big thumbs up from me! I think the photos speak for themselves really. Also, I hate curling my lashes, so any way I can avoid this step I am up for! I think that the most impressive thing about the mascara was that it held this curl all day too. It's not waterproof, and it doesn't quite give enough volume for me for evening wear, but it is good for daytime wear. I have been using this every day so far, and am dreading when the sample runs out!

Did you pick up the sample too? What did you think? What other higher end mascaras are your favourites? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...