Saturday 24 January 2015

Winter Trends: The Camel Coat




A/W fashion has been having some great moments in 2014/15 but I think my absolute favourite trend is the camel coat revival. A coat that is glamorous, elegant and yet warm and practical - the camel coat wheedled it's way into my heart and is here to stay. 


I spent some time (ok, ALOT of time...!) trawling the shops and online, searching for my perfect coat - with the majority being £50 and upwards, I knew this was going to be a one-time purchase, so I had to get it right. After missing out on some eBay specials, and starting to lose hope of ever finding "the one", I decided to check out ASOS - and hiding there was this beauty. It instantly caught my attention - I had been looking for a traditional button up wool coat, but when I saw this it was love. The asymmetric zip fastening, pocket zip detail and the unexpected flash of bright pink on the underside of the collar are quirky, edgy details, which set this coat apart from the numerous camel coat offerings out there, and definitely sold it to me. 










I have been wearing this coat everywhere since I got it. You can dress it up or down for day time, depending on your accessories. It looks equally at home with ripped jeans, Converse and aviators, as it does with heels, a fedora and a structured bag. Also, it's great for evening - over a bodycon dress and killer heels, this adds a touch of class. I feel like it is such a great piece, that will be in my wardrobe for a long time to come!


Camel Coat: ASOS
Long Sleeved T Shirt: ASOS
White Vest Top (just seen): Primark
Boots: Zara (A/W 2013)
Trainers: Primark
Coral Bag: 'Laura Coral Handbag' by Dune, now sold out.
Black Bag: Primark
Jeans: Gap Legging Jeans (bought from an outlet, not on the website)
Leggings: ASOS
Fedora: Boohoo
Necklace: New Look
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban mirror aviators

What's your favourite fashion trend this winter? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...