Friday 2 January 2015

Real Techniques - Bold Metals Collection



Hello everybody, and welcome to 2015! I hope you have had an absolutely cracking Christmas and New Year. I have had a few days away from the internet to spend time with my family and friends, but now I am back, and I wanted to post today because something exciting has been happening whilst I have been stuffing my face full of turkey, chocolate and amaretto over Christmas!
As a lover of Real Techniques brushes, I was SUPER excited to see news of a new brush line, which promised to deliver a more premium feel over the standard brushes, whilst looking stunning in silver, gold and rose gold hues. The brushes are already super soft, and I think far outperform their price tags, so I was looking forward to what would come of a range aimed at a slightly higher price bracket. Sam and Nic Chapman, the YouTube gurus behind Real Techniques, have posted a video all about these beauties which you can watch here, and it is well worth a watch to get a closer look at each new brush in the line, and what they are all for.









There are seven brushes in the range, which are split into three colours depending on what they are for:

Gold for face;     Silver for eyes;     and Rose Gold for finishing.

The brushes available in the range are:

100 Arched Powder Brush (gold)
101 Triangle Foundation Brush (gold)
200 Oval Shadow Brush (silver)
201 Pointed Crease Brush (silver)
202 Angled Liner Brush (silver)
300 Tapered Brush (rose gold)
301 Flat Contour Brush (rose fold)

The most interesting to me are the Flat Contour Brush (I think this looks like it could be fabulous for precision contouring) and the Triangle Foundation Brush - I have never seen a triangular brush, and it looks like it would fit in all the contours of the face really well.

The handles look metal but are actually plastic, however, they are weighted to provide good balance when using them, so that makeup application is made easier and more comfortable. A nifty little aspect is the fact that the handles are tapered down to a diamond shape, which means that they are roll resistant, and won't roll away from you and onto the floor when you place them down on the table. A really pretty touch for me is the way that the handle colour actually transitions into the brush bristles slightly. The brushes are simply gorgeous, and will look great on any dressing table.

Pretty much as soon as I saw these brushes it was love, and I will definitely be picking up a couple with my January paycheck. They are exclusively available at Boots in the UK (although on checking today, they have sold out already!), or at Ulta stores in the USA - you can't buy these on the Real Techniques website.

What do you think of these brushes, have you managed to get your hands on some? Are they as good as they look? Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!

(Photos taken from Real Techniques Facebook and Instagram pages)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...