Wednesday 28 January 2015

My bedroom wish list...



I have had my bedroom furniture for a few years now, and am getting the itch to replace it! I already have a black Malm bed from Ikea, and a black ottoman, which I don't really want to get rid of, so at first I thought of getting black furniture to match. However, our bedroom isn't the largest, and too much black can make a space seem a lot smaller, SO I have decided to embrace the monochrome theme by mixing some black and white furniture.


I think monochrome actually looks really fresh, clean and elegant. To stop it looking clinical, you can inject a bit of colour with your accessories, like cushions, throws and rugs. Then you can change up their colour as often as you like, as black and white go with everything. My favourite colour combos of the moment are with warm grey and peachy coral, or mint green. Lush! <3

Most of the time I think that Ikea is a great option for furniture - they offer a wide range of products, the prices are low, and the quality is actually pretty great for what you pay. Also, if I do fancy another makeover a few years down the road, it won't be such an expensive change. Browsing their website I fell in love with a few things. 

Here are the products on my Ikea wish list...
(photos from Ikea website)

I really like the Hemnes series from Ikea - it looks modern, fresh and yet classic, and the black handles fit perfectly with my monochrome theme. 


Hemnes Chest of 3 Drawers

I can't decide between this taller 6 drawer unit, or the 8 drawer unit below. The two small drawers at the top of this 6 drawer unit would be great for storing jewellery or sunglasses. However, I like the varying drawer sizes of the larger 8 drawer unit, and the extra surface space on the top of a large chest of drawers would be great.

Hemnes Chest of 6 Drawers

Hemnes Chest of 8 Drawers


I decided to go with a black mirror, as it obviously brings a lot of light into the room; this means that, although it is black, it won't be a dark piece of furniture, or encroach on the space. I liked that this one was free standing and positionable, with a handy shelf underneath which I will probably use for a pair of flat shoes.


   Hemnes Bedside Table;             Isfjorden Standing Mirror           Kallax Shelving Unit;

The Kallax shelving unit will come in really handy for storing any little extras, and for displaying pictures and trinkets. You can buy box or drawer inserts for the shelves, so that's quite a bit of extra storage space. I will probably store my skin care, hair tools, display some photos and my favourite pair of shoes or a bag on here.


Malm Bed Frame with 4 storage drawers
This is the bed we have currently, without the storage drawers. I plan on buying the drawers, as they make use of the otherwise wasted space beneath the bed. Very handy for storing bedding, towels and seasonal clothing that is currently not in use

Also - no wardrobe for me! Luckily I get to use the two small wardrobes in the spare bedroom of our house, and those don't need replacing just yet.

Do you have any current wish lists, or rooms which you want to makeover? I love refreshing or making over a room - it's such a satisfying feeling when you have everything sorted, organised and complete. 

I am thinking of doing an accessories post too - with textiles, and extra decorative pieces like lamps and pictures. Let me know in the comments below if you would be interested in that!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous choices! I love buying stuff for my room! :-)
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's hard to resist!
    Your blog is gorgeous! Followed you on Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...