Wednesday 4 June 2014

Second Day Saviour - Batiste Strength and Shine Dry Shampoo


I don’t like to wash my hair every day, and I wouldn’t recommend doing it either (though I DO recommend showering yourself daily – obviously! I just tie my hair into a high bun to keep it out of the way). Over washing your hair can strip it of its protective natural oils, and may actually lead to damaged hair over time. Personally I try to only wash my hair every other day or even every three days, but this leaves me with another problem: I am definitely not keen on the idea of looking like a total greaseball. Of course you can tie your hair up on the second or third day, but most of the time I think that can serve to accentuate the oily situation, and I also don’t like to tie my hair up too often to avoid breakage. So – what’s the answer? Dry shampoo to the rescue!


Dry shampoo will revive your hair and give it a boost of freshness to get you through that extra day without looking like Professor Snape. Perfect! People have been using dry shampoo for years and years now, so it’s not a new thing. What IS new, however, are dry shampoos which don’t leave behind that white powder residue which makes you look like Einstein on a bad hair day. I have tried a few out, and the one I always come back to is this one: Batiste Strength and Shine Dry Shampoo. Because look - believe it or not, this is NOT freshly washed hair...I repeat NOT FRESHLY WASHED.....!



Batiste say that this is a bit different to regular dry shampoos, as it contains “L-Arganine – an amino acid known to stimulate the hairs follicles. A quick burst instantly refreshes your hair between washes and helps it to look and feel stronger, shinier and altogether gorgeous!” (Batiste website description)

And I have to say I agree. This is the only dry shampoo I have tried which leaves behind absolutely no white residue, no sticky feeling and also it doesn’t make my hair look matte or dry. As the name suggests, this dry shampoo leaves a subtle, natural shine to the hair, whilst removing any trace of oil. It is literally, perfect, and I suspect, magical – my hair just looks fresh again! This definitely gets the Jedi seal of approval. The Batiste website has links to all the places you can buy this.

Oh and my pro tip to make it look like you just washed your hair this morning? Run a small amount of hair oil (this one by Organix is my current favourite) through the mid to ends of your hair as a last step. I find that this calms any dryness or frizziness and generally smoothes the ends of my hair, making it look extra healthy and feel extra soft.

So there you have it. Do you have any secrets to keeping your hair fresh between washes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...