Thursday 11 December 2014

It's Haul Time!



Visits to Superdrug and Boots always seem to end up with me picking up an item or two, or at least walking out with my hands covered in swatches of things! Last week I picked up a few things and thought I would do a quick post about them.


I picked up another MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in the colour Tranquility ; the L'Oreal Nude Magique liquid to powder foundation in the shade 110 Warm Ivory; Max Factor Miracle Touch Cream Blush in the shade Soft Copper; Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Berry Couture; and Bourjois Délice de Poudre bronzing powder & highlighter.







I really love the MUA Lip Lacquers - these stay on so well and don't dry up the lips, plus the shades are fabulous (you can read my post about these products and the other shades I own by clicking here). I already had 3 of these really bright colours, so picked up this more neutral peachy shade for a bit of a change. Surprise surprise, I love it! 

I have actually already got the L'Oreal Nude Magique foundation but the shade I have is for my summer skin, and is too dark for me at the moment. I really like this foundation - the coverage is sheer but buildable to medium, and I find it's just enough for the daytime and looks very natural, as if you aren't wearing anything. The powder finish is amazing on my oily skin, leaving it shine free but not flat or dull. I blend this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, pressing into the skin where I need a little more coverage. A thumbs up from me!

I really like the finish and natural look of cream blushes, and in winter I sometimes find myself pining for my summertime glow, so I picked up this Max Factor Cream Blush in Soft Copper. As you can see from the swatch on my hand, this is really pigmented, but blends and sheers out very nicely. I used my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply, and also smudged it in a little more with my fingers. I really like it! This is a warm colour so it may not suit all skin tones, but I think this is a great neutral/bronzey colour, which will work really well with bright makeup such as a red lip (when pink can clash) and the slight red brick hue looks quite natural on me.

I have been loving purple lips lately, and lusting after Mac's Up The Amp (on my Christmas list! Santa you better pull through for me, big man!). This shade caught my eye, as it seemed very wearable, with a strong pink hue mixed in with the purple. I have never tried a Super Lustrous lipstick from Revlon before (this one is a 'Shine' finish) but I actually really like it. The shade is fabulous, but the lipstick is so moisturising, it feels like applying lip balm! A joy to apply and it reapplies like a dream too, with good staying power for something so moisturising. A new love for me! I am definitely going to try a few more shades from this range.

Finally I picked up the Bourjois Bronzer and Highlighter. I usually use the Bourjois Bronzer, and love a good highlighter so this was a bit of a no brainer! I popped it straight in my basket. The bronzer is the usual formulation, which I already know suits my skin tone and smells AWESOME. The highlighter is a pretty, shimmery champagne shade, which looked great when I swatched on my finger, but isn't that pigmented, and sort of disappears when blended into the skin. A slight disappointment, as I am usually a big Bourgois fan, but I like a bit of a stronger highlight than this provides. 



I used all of these products in the photos below, so you can see what they look like when applied.







L'Oreal Nude Magique Foundation - swatched and blended

Top Left: MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer (whilst drying!) in Tranquility; Top Right: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Berry Couture; Bottom: Max Factor Creamy Blush in Soft Copper, swatched and blended out

I picked all of these products up from Boots and Superdrug, but you can also buy them online. What do you think? Have you got any recommendations for me to slip into my basket on my next trip? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...