Monday 24 November 2014

Home is where the heart is...


A bit of a change from the normal makeup posts today - but I picked up a few things for the house and thought I would share, in case any of you are interested! Personally, I love a good nosy around home stores at the weekend, planning out my dream home and maybe occasionally picking up a couple of pieces here and there, and I enjoy seeing what other people have in their homes - it gives me some inspiration! 


This weekend I had a wander around Dunelm, and spotted this cute vintage stone collection. I think they look really elegant, and are so well priced, I couldn't resist! So I picked up these three: a heart shaped dish, a heart shaped candle, and a flower tea light holder (heads up - I can't find the candle or tea light holder on the website, so I'm not sure if this is a store only thing, or perhaps they have stopped making them and these were just the last remaining in store stock!) 


The heart shaped dish looks lovely on the coffee table in the living room, it's a really eyecatching centre piece. 


The candle and flower tea light holder have found homes on top of my tv console, and add a bit of interest to what is otherwise a bit sparse. It can be a bit difficult to decorate a TV console I find, as you don't want anything too large that could obscure Jensen's beautiful face the TV... These two little guys are just the right height for this, and provide some cute focal points without getting in the way. 



Finally, I nipped into Tesco to pick up dinner, and as so often happens, found myself drawn to their home section...I had been wondering what to put in the heart shaped bowl - I had considered odds and ends, and trinkets and such, but wasn't really sure. I was sold however, as soon as I caught a whiff of this Sweet Vanilla pot pourri. It smells like ice cream and sweets and all things sugary goodness. It's not overpowering though, just a really lovely homely smell. I bought the pot pourri and also a large church candle with the same scent. The pot pourri looks really nice in the bowl, as you can see, and I will be putting the candle on a candle tray. 

So there you go! A sneak peak into my living room, which is now smelling and looking extra lovely :) Would you like to see more posts like this? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...